Just a gentle reminder now that the football season is upon us, that while sportsgrounds are in use, there are to be no dogs on the fields. This includes leashed dogs.
For further information, see the ACT Government website or their Frequently Asked Questions on Dogs.
Dog prohibited areas
Dogs, except for assistance dogs with permits, are not to be taken:
- onto the grounds of a child-care centre, preschool or primary school
- onto the grounds of a high school or secondary college during school hours or when school sports or training is being conducted, including after-hours training
- onto a field or playing area where formal sport is being played
- within 10 metres of a designated play space (if children are playing on it) or a fireplace (or heating appliance) designated for cooking
- to the Gibraltar Forest Regeneration Area formerly known as Gibraltar Pines, Black Mountain Nature Reserve, Mulligans Flat sanctuary, Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve, Jerrabomberra Wetlands, Callum Brae Nature Reserve, Gungahlin Hill Nature Reserve, Rob Roy Nature Reserve and Dunlop, Gungaderra, Mullanggari, Jerrabomberra and Crace grasslands.
On-the-spot fines of $75 can be issued for the above offence
Are dogs allowed at Sportsgrounds?
Dogs are not permitted at any time at Enclosed Ovals or synthetic grounds and not when formal sport is being conducted at an unenclosed ground, this includes training and match play.