The annual Club Team photos will be taken at Kippax as per the schedule below. For further information, please contact your team manager.
Just a gentle reminder now that the football season is upon us, that while sportsgrounds are in use, there are to be no dogs on the fields. This includes leashed dogs.
For further information, see the ACT Government website or their Frequently Asked Questions on Dogs.
Dog prohibited areas
Dogs, except for assistance dogs with permits, are not to be taken:
- onto the grounds of a child-care centre, preschool or primary school
- onto the grounds of a high school or secondary college during school hours or when school sports or training is being conducted, including after-hours training
- onto a field or playing area where formal sport is being played
- within 10 metres of a designated play space (if children are playing on it) or a fireplace (or heating appliance) designated for cooking
- to the Gibraltar Forest Regeneration Area formerly known as Gibraltar Pines, Black Mountain Nature Reserve, Mulligans Flat sanctuary, Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve, Jerrabomberra Wetlands, Callum Brae Nature Reserve, Gungahlin Hill Nature Reserve, Rob Roy Nature Reserve and Dunlop, Gungaderra, Mullanggari, Jerrabomberra and Crace grasslands.
On-the-spot fines of $75 can be issued for the above offence
Are dogs allowed at Sportsgrounds?
Dogs are not permitted at any time at Enclosed Ovals or synthetic grounds and not when formal sport is being conducted at an unenclosed ground, this includes training and match play.
The Magpies Juniors will be holding a BBQ at training this Thursday 3rd May from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm to celebrate the start of the 2018 footy season.
In addition to training, there will some activities for the kids as well as merchandise sales.
Sausage Sandwich: $2
Fruit Juice: $1
We hope to see as many families at the BBQ as possible.
Footy season is here.
The GIANTS are providing us with a great opportunity to get together at the GIANTS v Fremantle game on Saturday 14 April at UNSW Canberra Oval.
- First weekend of the school holidays
- Kid & travel-friendly game time starting at 1.45pm and finishing 4.45pm
- FREE (but limited) ticketing for families that are not yet GIANTS members
- Pre-game AFL kick and orange zone across the road at Telopea school from 11.30am
- GIANT’s players in attendance – Zac Williams and Britt Tully
- Junior club march on the oval before the game between 1pm-1.20pm
- Various prizes for clubs attending the march including a $500 resource pack for your club
- Post-game kick to kick, starting at 5pm
Our teams/clubs can meet at the pre-game event at Telopea school park. Remember to come dressed in your junior club colours!
What do you need to do?
Registrations close at Noon Monday 9 April and free tickets are limited so please register ASAP on the link below.
Tickets will be electronically sent to your inbox in the week before the game.
For any further information, please email Lauren.Francis@gwsgiants.com.au
AFL NSW/ACT are currently running a GIRLS ONLY After School Auskick at Kippax Oval every Tuesday from 4:00 – 5:00 pm until 8 May.
The cost of the programme is $80.00.
For further details, contact Bonnie Lawrence
Register now, pay later available!
Register by Sunday 18 March and you can make your payment later.
Register here: http://www.magpiesjuniors.com/registration/
The AFL season is fast drawing upon us and the Belconnen Cats and Magpies Junior AFL Clubs are working together to provide access to a one-day training course for parents, carers and players.
Two very experienced presenters who are working in the field of Sports Medicine and Exercise Science will provide training and information in First Aid, CPR, Concussion Management and Emergency Response Co-ordination. The course will be facilitated by Sports Medicine Australia, a Nationally Recognised Training body, hence attendees will receive formally recognised First Aid and CPR qualifications.
There has been a significant reduction in the course price for our clubs. The clubs are also hoping to be able to provide some subsidy to attendees in return for services to the clubs.
We are working to have 2 nominated people who hold first aid training for each team this year. These are life skills which we all should possess as one never knows when they will be in the situation where intervention is required. This is a simple way to upskill and support your club.
To register you will need a USI (unique student identification number)
Available at https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
For Further Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org