This year the Magpies Junior Football Club will be celebrating 50 years of junior AFL football in the Belconnen region.
We are looking for people, who played or were involved in AFL football in Belconnen during the past 50 years. We are also seeking assistance with locating any records or photos of Belconnen AFL football during the past 50 years.
Do you have something or want to know more, email email@example.com or speak to a Committee member.
If you are interested in finding out about the events we will be holding email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: The Brindabella
When: Sunday 16th December from 11:00am to 12:30pm
Come along to the Magpies Juniors 2018 Annual General Meeting where you can find out about important club news for Season 2019.
We will also be taking nominations for several positions on the committee.
If you would like to be involved or just want to come along and see what it is about, then see you there! If you would like to find out more details, or have any questions at all please contact email@example.com
Come and celebrate the end of a great footy season 🏉 and the start of the festive season!🎄
Magpies Juniors will be holding a Christmas BBQ on Friday 30 November at the Nest from 5:30 – 8:00pm.
We would love to have as many families and players there as possible. Bring your family and have a fun evening.
See you there! Go Pies!
Magpies Junior Football Club Committee
Season 2019 Registration is now open for all age groups.
To register, follow the links on the Registration Page
Congratulations to the Club, teams, and players for another fantastic year.
The Presentation Day was a huge success considering we had to change the venue at short notice. Thank you to The Raiders Club for accommodating us.
You can download a copy of the booklet here.
Just a gentle reminder now that the football season is upon us, that while sportsgrounds are in use, there are to be no dogs on the fields. This includes leashed dogs.
Dog prohibited areas
Dogs, except for assistance dogs with permits, are not to be taken:
- onto the grounds of a child-care centre, preschool or primary school
- onto the grounds of a high school or secondary college during school hours or when school sports or training is being conducted, including after-hours training
- onto a field or playing area where formal sport is being played
- within 10 metres of a designated play space (if children are playing on it) or a fireplace (or heating appliance) designated for cooking
- to the Gibraltar Forest Regeneration Area formerly known as Gibraltar Pines, Black Mountain Nature Reserve, Mulligans Flat sanctuary, Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve, Jerrabomberra Wetlands, Callum Brae Nature Reserve, Gungahlin Hill Nature Reserve, Rob Roy Nature Reserve and Dunlop, Gungaderra, Mullanggari, Jerrabomberra and Crace grasslands.
On-the-spot fines of $75 can be issued for the above offence
Are dogs allowed at Sportsgrounds?
Dogs are not permitted at any time at Enclosed Ovals or synthetic grounds and not when formal sport is being conducted at an unenclosed ground, this includes training and match play.